- A dedicated or virtual private server running a supported version of Linux (CentOS, CloudLinux, or RedHat)
- At least 1 GB of RAM
- At least 20 GB of free disk space
Downloading cPanel & WHM
- Go to the cPanel website (https://cpanel.net/) and select the appropriate version for your system.
- Download the installation script by running the following command:
Installing cPanel & WHM
- Run the installation script by using the following command:
- The installation process will take some time, and you will be prompted to make some configuration choices, such as the hostname and IP address of the server.
Configuring cPanel & WHM
- Once the installation is complete, you can access the cPanel & WHM control panel by going to https://server_ip:2087 in your web browser.
- The default login is “root” and the password is the one you set during the installation process.
- In the WHM control panel, you can configure settings such as DNS, email, and security.
- Update the system and all the packages
yum update -y
- Configure the firewall to allow incoming connections on ports 2087 and 2083
firewall-cmd --permanent --add-port=2087/tcp firewall-cmd --permanent --add-port=2083/tcp firewall-cmd --reload
- Installing cPanel & WHM on a Linux server can be done by downloading the installation script and running it.
- The installation process will prompt you for some configuration options, and you can access the control panel by going to https://server_ip:2087.
- Once the installation is complete, you can configure settings such as DNS, email, and security through the WHM control panel.
- Additional steps such as updates and firewall configuration may be required to fully secure your cPanel & WHM installation.